In an era marked by unprecedented advancements in artificial intelligence (AI), it has become imperative to navigate the ethical and regulatory landscapes of this technology. This course is designed to equip you with a baseline understanding of AI ethics and governance, providing you with the knowledge and approaches necessary to ensure responsible AI practices.
This course on AI governance addresses a critical need in today's rapidly advancing technological landscape. As artificial intelligence becomes increasingly integrated into various aspects of our lives, businesses, and governments, the lack of effective governance can result in adverse unintended challenges.
Participants will learn about responsible AI practices and how to mitigate biases, uphold transparency, and comply with some of the emerging AI laws. This course on AI governance serves as a vital resource for fostering a responsible and sustainable AI ecosystem, addressing the urgent need for individuals to navigate the complex intersection of technology and ethics.
This course is designed for all audiences who are looking to use AI technologies. It will be particularly relevant for business leaders and managers trying to incorporate AI technologies into their workflows, technology professionals, data scientists, and ethics and compliance officers. It can also serve as an introductory guide for individuals within organizations, helping them understand and navigate the ethical, legal, and social aspects of using AI responsibly.
1. Level-setting on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and AI Ethics
This introductory module will introduce learners to AI and its ethical considerations. Learners will explore the following questions:
2. Emerging AI Regulation
- What is the impact of AI? What transformative change can it bring?
- What is meant by ‘AI Ethics’?
- What ethical principles should be considered when designing, developing, and using AI?
This module will explore the AI legal landscape and emerging AI standards. Learners will explore the following questions:
3. Operationalizing AI Governance: Best Practices
- What are the different ways oversight bodies have approached AI guardrails and regulations?
- What are the major pieces of legislation you should be aware of?
- What are some major AI-related standards you should be aware of?
This module will give practical guidelines for implementing an AI governance strategy. Learners will explore the following questions:
- How can you assess maturity and build an AI roadmap for your organization?
- What are the building blocks of an effective AI governance program?
Cost per learner: FREE
The information presented in this course is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice, or other advice for any particular issue or subject. D2L Corporation and INQ Consulting are not responsible for, and expressly disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance on this course material.
Site powered by Brightspace
Start Date: December 4, 2023
End Date: December 31, 2024
Duration: 40 minutes, 100% self-directed, complete at your own pace.
Registration is open until December 31, 2024.